Meeting held in November 2014
The meeting scheduled for 3 November was not held because insufficient Committee members were able to attend to form a quorum. Instead, an ‘electronic meeting’ was conducted by email.
Anna Tyler (Chair), Jillian Preston, Meg Lockhart, David McCrone, Mary Lynch, Sally Anderson.
- Provisional 2015 bookings made for room at ASB Sports Centre
- Treasurer’s report circulated – payments approved
- Event Committee’s preference is to sell the marathon event, subject to an acceptable price
- Anna had expressed interest in sale of the marathon event to the prospective bidde
Actions taken/tasks carried out
- Anna seeking a volunteer to look into purchase of sports bags
- Motions for the AGM about the proposed sale of the event and new constitution drafted by Anna
- Donation of $80 made to Malaghan Institute (medical research) in remembrance of member Andrew McNeill who died on 23 October.
Decisions taken/agreed action
- Event Manager to be given an opportunity to bid for purchase of the marathon event
- Motion re sale of the marathon event to be put to the AGM
- WMC to organize 2015 marathon event (30 year anniversary)
- Nominees for Harry McDonald and walkers’ trophies agreed on
- Business plan to be tabled and feedback sought at AGM
- Copies of business plan and proposed new constitution to be printed for distribution to members on Sundays prior to the AGM
- Turkey Trot prize to be a supermarket voucher instead of a turkey
- Food for AGM to be purchased from PaknSave