Minutes of Management Committee meeting held at Central Library on 21 March 2016
Mike Candy (Chair), David McCrone, Tony Oakshatt, Wim van Dijk, Lynda Young.
Apologies: Bice Awan, Judith Dennis.
Minutes of previous meeting
- Moved Wim / David: That the minutes of the meeting held on 29 February be accepted as a true and accurate record, subject to changing the AGM motion to read: At the 2015 AGM, a motion was passed to donate up to $10,000 (excl. GST) to support trail/ track construction and maintenance for projects as approved by the Wellington Marathon Clinic Committee. Carried.
- There had been a delay in Fem’s sessions starting but the whole programme will be delivered over a shortened time period.
- It was agreed that ASB room bookings will not be made for bus trip days
- Thanks to Wim for tidying up the website and for taking on its general maintenance
- It was agreed that Committee minutes would be open to all readers
- One Massey student from Massey’s promotional programme attended WMC on 20 March.
Finance and membership
- The Treasurer’s financial and membership report had been circulated.
- Membership subscriptions are down on the previous year.
- Moved David/Mike: That the payments be approved. Carried.
- The Clinic’s last GST return will cover the six-month period to 31 March.
Administration, document sharing
- Committee members to have a look at Google Drive and Dropbox, with a view to making a decision on file sharing and storage.
2016 Calendar, events
- Proposed that time trials be set up for 12 June, for 10 km and a half marathon and that interest in a three quarter (30 km) trial be ascertained. Tony to coordinate.
- Bus trips are planned for: 29 May to Paekakariki; 24 July to Belmont/Korokoro; 11 September to Makara/Karori Skyline; 13 November to Colonial Knob.
- Mike to contact non-renewing 2015 members and get feedback from pack leaders on new members.
Profile & marketing
- Wim to obtain admin rights for the Facebook page from Rachel Manning and work with Katie to promote the Clinic through social media.
- It was agreed that current holders would continue to have website admin rights: Mary, Stan, Jillian and Wim.
Track donation proposal
- Mike to propose a process for decision making on the AGM motion that the Clinic donate up to $10,000 (excluding GST) to support trail/ track construction and maintenance for projects as approved by the Marathon Clinic Committee.
- It was agreed to look at aims for the year as part of a review of membership, marketing, social media and the 2014 business plan.
18 April, Central Library ground floor meeting room.