2016 September

WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Management Committee Meeing
5.30pm – 7pm, Central Library, 19 September 2016
Present
Mike Candy (Chair), Wim van Dijk, David McCrone, Tony Oakshatt, Judith Dennis, Bice Awan, Lynda Young
Apologies –

Minutes of last meeting
Moved that the minutes of the 15 August meeting be accepted as a true and accurate record, Tony/Wim, carried.

Correspondence

  • Proposal from WMTBC.

Matters arising, not elsewhere on the agenda

  • Judith will check on with Green prescriptions with Sport Wellington, it seems we might be able to register as an approved programme provider for walkers.
  • Person fronting the Sunday welcome will ensure that newcomers get a WMC card and encourage them to stay in touch; Tony will get emails, when possible, and encourage pack leaders to contact new people; to be reviewed.
  • Wim’s VUW/Massey idea is still in the proverbial pipeline.
  • Judith will email article on building a club/voluntary organisation.

Finance and membership

  • The monthly financial report had been circulated, thanks David.
  • Mike will contact Shoe Clinic about the sponsorship/donation.
  • Membership is growing slowly but consistently
  • Mike will report to the October meeting on financial position, messages for the AGM.
  • The various bank accounts were reviewed and it was decided to retain the present accounts, noting that the petty cash account has one signatory and the others all require two signatories.
  • The auditor has advised that there is no disadvantage in de-registering for GST.

Moved that the payments listed in the financial report be approved, David/Judith, carried.

Admin, Website

  • Stan’s proposal for automating secure email responses was accepted, with thanks; Wim will contact Stan and email the proposal.
  • Sunday spiel to ask for those not getting the weekly emailed notices to give their email address to Katie.
  • Website content is slowly and continually changing, thanks to Wim and Stan.

Calendar, events

  • 27 August movie night had low numbers but was very enjoyable.
  • 18 September bus trip went ahead with low numbers in very wet weather.
  • October speakers 16th Eric (weather), 30th Judith (training).
  • 23 October ASB isn’t available, a fun event/BBQ will be held at Otari.
  • AGM 11 December; Lynda will work on sequence of events for AGM; David will have accounts ready; Mike will see to the trophies; Wim will set the turkey trot course and mapping, Tony and Judith will manage the event.
  • November meeting will review AGM progress, 2017 committee, trophies.

Social media

  • FB group has 42 members, with lively content.
  • Judith will look into a survey of members, for the October meeting.

Other business

  • The 2015 AGM had asked the Committee to research and make a track donation, subject to its finding a reliable and suitable project. Wim and Lynda recently met John Baddiley, Wgtn Mountain Bike Club, to discuss shared interests in track building and maintenance.

Moved: That WMC accepts the track maintenance proposal from the Wellington Mountain Bike Club and donates $10,000 to towards resurfacing the lower section of Transient track, with signage acknowledging WMC’s donation, and the receipt of progress and completion reports. Wim/Lynda, carried; Tony voted against the motion.

  • WMC members are welcome to join the track builders, Wim will publicise this and coordinate with WMTBC.
  • Mike will look into some WMC signage on the Clinical Track.
  • WMC uniforms were discussed, with arguments for and against the issue. Judith will canvas interest through the weekly notices and may take this to the AGM.

Next meetings

17 October, 5.30 pm at Central Library.
21 November, apologies Tony and Judith.
11 December, AGM.


Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts