2016 November

WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Committee Meeting
5.30pm – 7.45pm, Central Library, 21 November 2016

Present
Mike Candy (Chair), Wim van Dijk, David McCrone, Judith Dennis, Lynda Young.

Apologies
Tony Oakshatt, Bice Awan.

Minutes of the last meeting
Moved that the minutes of the 19 October meeting be accepted as a true and accurate record –  Mike/Wim, carried.

Correspondence
ASB Stadium requesting bookings for 2017 – Wim

Matters arising, not elsewhere on the agenda
All for follow up:

  • Green prescription  Judith
  • WMC signage on the Clinical Track  Mike
  •  Shoe Clinic about the sponsorship/donation  Mike
  • Alert members through the weekly notices.to mention WMC with SC purchases  Mike
  • Marketing/membership plan  Wim

Finance and membership

  • The monthly financial report and bank records had been circulated, thanks David.
  • Moved:  That the payments listed in the financial report be approved.
    David/Mike, carried.
  • Moved:  That, in the interest of transparency of financial reporting, from January 2017 a bank statement of account balances and transactions be tabled with the Treasurer’s monthly report and that this verification be recorded in the minutes.
    Lynda/Judith, carried.
  • David has received the auditor’s draft report and will present it to the AGM with some explanatory notes  David
  • Auditing and reviewing of the financial statements were discussed, noting that the AGM votes on having an audit, or not.
    Moved:  That the Committee will put a recommendation to the AGM that neither an audit nor a review is undertaken for the 2016-2017 accounts, David/Wim, carried and David to email a draft.
  • It was agreed to get Wim and Lynda signed up for bank account reading-only access  Mike

Calendar, events

  • AGM 11 December:
  • Lynda will email a draft agenda and have it sent out this week
  • Accounts and auditor’s report will be circulated this week with the AGM agenda
    David
  • Trophies are arranged, the walking groups have arranged the walkers’ cup  Mike
  • Wim will set the turkey trot course and mapping  Wim
  • Tony (and Sue Hamlett?) will manage the event  Tony
  • Wim will chase up pack leaders reports Wim
  • Minutes of 2015 AGM to be emailed with agenda and accounts this week  Lynda
  • Lynda and Tony will buy catering, Turkey trot voucher, wine and gifts  Lynda/Tony
  • Lynda will get catering set up for 10 am morning tea for est. 60 people before the meeting  Lynda
  • One new Committee member is needed – everyone positively!!
    Moved:  That the Committee recommends to the AGM that member subscriptions remain at $50 and $35 a year and that any discounts are at the Committee’s decision. David/Lynda, carried.
    Moved:  To endorse the recommendation of J and M Palmer, that the Harry McDonald trophy, 2016, is presented to Roland Idaczyk.
    Mike/ Lynda, carried.
  • Sue Hamlett’s remit was noted and will be included in the AGM agenda  Lynda.

Social media

  • Nothing to report.

Other business

  • Judith will work on a pack leaders’ get together for late January.
    Judith

Next meetings

  • 11 December, AGM and a very short Committee meeting.
    Late January, tbc.

Some ideas to hold on to:

  • Person fronting the Sunday welcome will ensure that newcomers get a WMC card and encourage them to stay in touch; Tony will get emails, when possible, and encourage pack leaders to contact new people; to be reviewed.
  • WMC uniforms were discussed, with arguments for and against the issue. Judith will canvas interest through the weekly notices and may take this to the AGM.
  • Wim’s VUW/Massey idea is in the proverbial pipeline.

Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts