WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Management Committee meeting
Wellington Central Library, 5.30 pm, 21 August 2017
Mike Candy (Chair), Judith Dennis, David McCrone, Wim van Dijk, Tony Oakshatt
Apologies: Lynda Young.
WMC has received an invitation to join a race in memory of Bernie Portenski and Wim will be in touch with options.
Minutes of last meeting
Moved: To accept the minutes of the 17 July meeting as a true and accurate record. Judith/Wim, carried.
Actions from July minutes not elsewhere on the agenda
- David has approached Marian to comment on the format of the accounts for the 2016/17 financial year.
- Mike will talk to the Shoe Clinic about T shirts.
- All involved in survey follow up will complete calls and enter results in the dropbox file.
- Clinical Track signage nearly there (thanks Wim).
Finance and membership
- Financial report and bank statements (15 July to 18 August) had been circulated, thanks David.
Moved: That the payments (15 July to 18 August) are approved and the bank balances verified, Mike/Judith, carried.
- David has redirected ASB stadium bills and Meghan’s bills to Mike who will look after finances in David’s absences until his return in November.
- Jillian will edit this month’s newsletter; Judith has material for it; Wim will co-ordinate an exercise to sharpen and update the website – plan for next meeting.
- Thanks to all those involved in the Band Together event – feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
- Scheduled bus trip on September 10 has been moved to September 17th to accommodate the Pelorous Trust event. Destination Belmont.
- The away trip scheduled for November 26 may be moved to the following week (pending Wim’s decision). Destination Colonial Knob.
- Judith will arrange a pack leaders drinks get together if she has time during September, at the Realm Hataitai.
- Everyone should canvas support among packs for a WMC dinner.
Clinic membership, Profile & marketing, Social media, Business plan
- Once final details are entered in the dropbox sheet, Wim will look to consolidate, extract common threads and prepare feedback for clinic members.
- Mike to contact Wellington Free Ambulance suggesting September 24th for a demo.
- Waiting to hear from Sean re the Shift programme – currently on hold.
- David away early September to late October.
- Lynda currently away, back mid-September.
- Judith away 20 September back 3rd October.
- Wellington Harriers Athletic Club – proposal to move club rooms. Mike tabled a brief summary, and the Committee agreed to invite a WHAC member to the next Committee meeting to hear a proposal (Mike).
- Tony was authorised to purchase a replacement first aid kit to replace the one recently lost.
- Upcoming items to be aware of – AGM and Turkey Trot December 10th
- Committee membership (and turnover) for next year.
The meeting closed at 6:30 pm, thanks to everyone for participating.
Next meeting: 16 September.