2017 August

WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Management Committee meeting

Wellington Central Library, 5.30 pm, 21 August 2017

Present
Mike Candy (Chair), Judith Dennis, David McCrone, Wim van Dijk, Tony Oakshatt
Apologies: Lynda Young.

Correspondence
WMC has received an invitation to join a race in memory of Bernie Portenski and Wim will be in touch with options.

Minutes of last meeting
Moved: To accept the minutes of the 17 July meeting as a true and accurate record. Judith/Wim, carried.

Actions from July minutes not elsewhere on the agenda

  • David has approached Marian to comment on the format of the accounts for the 2016/17 financial year.
  • Mike will talk to the Shoe Clinic about T shirts.
  • All involved in survey follow up will complete calls and enter results in the dropbox file.
  • Clinical Track signage nearly there (thanks Wim).

Finance and membership

  • Financial report and bank statements (15 July to 18 August) had been circulated, thanks David.

Moved: That the payments (15 July to 18 August) are approved and the bank balances verified, Mike/Judith, carried.

  • David has redirected ASB stadium bills and Meghan’s bills to Mike who will look after finances in David’s absences until his return in November.

Admin, website

  • Jillian will edit this month’s newsletter; Judith has material for it; Wim will co-ordinate an exercise to sharpen and update the website – plan for next meeting.

Calendar

  • Thanks to all those involved in the Band Together event – feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
  • Scheduled bus trip on September 10 has been moved to September 17th to accommodate the Pelorous Trust event. Destination Belmont.
  • The away trip scheduled for November 26 may be moved to the following week (pending Wim’s decision). Destination Colonial Knob.
  • Judith will arrange a pack leaders drinks get together if she has time during September, at the Realm Hataitai.
  • Everyone should canvas support among packs for a WMC dinner.

Clinic membership, Profile & marketing, Social media, Business plan

  • Once final details are entered in the dropbox sheet, Wim will look to consolidate, extract common threads and prepare feedback for clinic members.
  • Mike to contact Wellington Free Ambulance suggesting September 24th for a demo.
  • Waiting to hear from Sean re the Shift programme – currently on hold.

General business

  • David away early September to late October.
  • Lynda currently away, back mid-September.
  • Judith away 20 September back 3rd October.
  • Wellington Harriers Athletic Club – proposal to move club rooms. Mike tabled a brief summary, and the Committee agreed to invite a WHAC member to the next Committee meeting to hear a proposal (Mike).
  • Tony was authorised to purchase a replacement first aid kit to replace the one recently lost.
  • Upcoming items to be aware of – AGM and Turkey Trot December 10th
  • Committee membership (and turnover) for next year.

The meeting closed at 6:30 pm, thanks to everyone for participating.
Next meeting: 16 September.


Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts