2017 May

WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Management Committee Meeting 5.30pm – 7pm, Central Library,
22 May 2017

Present
Mike Candy (Chair), Judith Dennis, David McCrone, Lynda Young
Apologies Wim van Dijk, Tony Oakshatt

Correspondence
Athletics NZ, membership query by email, Mike will reply.

Minutes of last meeting
Moved: To accept the minutes of the 24 April meeting as a true and accurate record. David/Judith, carried.

Actions from April minutes, not elsewhere on the agenda:

  • Clinical Track signage re WMC and Transient Track sealing and signage re WMC are being followed by Wim.
  • BNZ signatories changes are complex, Mike will stick with it.
  • Wim will follow up the change in the weekly notices format with Stan.
  • Wim will put a notice on the website and the FB page about the mid-week groups being informally arranged by their participants, that these are not formal WMC groups.
  • Mike will talk to the Shoe Clinic about T shirts.
  • Financial reports were re-sent.
  • Bus trip procedures paper is in Dropbox.

Finance and membership

  • Financial report and bank statements (21 April to 19 May) had been circulated, thanks David. David will check a query on interest income and confirm by email. In the meantime the bank statements are noted and will be brought to the next meeting.

Moved: That the payments (21 April to 19 May) are approved, David/Mike,
carried.

Admin, website

  • Meghan is settled in the Sunday assistant’s role. Mike will give her a copy of the emergency procedures and give her information on handling medical and safety emergencies.

Calendar

  • Meeting at Sport Wellington later this week to get ideas for a focus/social event; Mike, Judith and Lynda can get there; Lynda will confirm the time.
  • Marines trip 28 May is on the website, bus booked.
  • Movie night at Times Cinema is set for 1 July. This clashes with a big rugby game and is likely to impact on attendance so Mike will check if the following week is available, or some date in July.

Clinic membership

  • Survey questions on retention of members was discussed, good to go ahead with SurveyMonkey once Wim and Tony have had time to comment. Lynda will be in touch with any further changes then get help from Wim or Stan to run the survey; David will provide the contacts for those members who have not renewed since February 2015. It will be sent out to get coverage in two sets of weekly notices and two Sunday notices, results reported on in weekly notices.

General business

  • The Wellington Marathon (18 June) only needs targeted help which Mike has arranged; there will be approx. $1500 fundraising income from the event compared to $3000 last year.
  • Mike has the emergency procedures for the ASB Stadium and will include in the Sunday notices.

The meeting closed at 6.30 pm, thanks to everyone for participating (succinctly!).

Next meeting: 19 June.


Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts