2017 October

WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Management Committee meeting

5.30 pm, Central Library, 16 October 2017

Present
Mike Candy (Chair), Wim van Dijk, Judith Dennis, Tony Oakshatt, Lynda Young.
Apologies David McCrone

Correspondence
More from ASB re changing our meeting room; Mike to reply to the latest offer, showing willing if our kitchen conditions can be met satisfactorily. No decision can be made on the Wellington Harriers rooms until they can make a formal offer.

Minutes of last meeting
Moved: To accept the minutes of the 18 September meeting as a true and accurate record. Tony/Wim, carried.
Actions from September minutes, not elsewhere on the agenda:

  • Lynda will email estimated sizes for possible new shirts to the Shoe Clinic; this will be subject to a supply being available to Shoe Clinic from a wholesaler. .
  • Clinical Track signage has been installed, Judith will confirm all locations; track sealing is completed.

Finance and membership
Moved: That the account balances (19 August to 14 September) are approved. Mike/Judith, carried

  • Financial report and bank statements (15 September to 15 October) had been circulated, thanks Mike.
  • Moved: That the payments are approved and the account balances verified (15 September to 15 October), Mike/Judith, carried.
  • The financial year ended on 30 September.
  • June marathon event fundraising payment has been received.
  • David will ask BNZ to cancel the annual audit certificate (unless he has a good reason to retain this report).
  • Wim still trying to get BNZ registration completed.

Admin, website

  • Wim will edit this month’s newsletter.
  • Wim will co-ordinate an exercise to sharpen and update the website – plan for next meeting.

Calendar

  • October 15 bus trip to Belmont/Petone was good with new/old bus and driver.
  • November 26 to be an Otari run/walk and BBQ; no ASB room that day; Tony and Wim will coordinate the day.
  • AGM and turkey trot 10 December; Lynda will coordinate AGM requirements; Mike will plan the turkey trot routes; Wim will arrange the trophies (based on Gillian’s list from Mike); Lynda and Tony will discuss the walkers’ cup; Mike will ask for nominations for the Harry McDonald Cup via the newsletter.

Clinic membership
Profile & marketing
Social media
Business plan

  • Waiting to hear from Sean re the Shift programme – currently on hold.
  • The survey revealed that we need to keep doing what we do well as the vast majority of members are satisfied with the current programme that has a strong social element alongside running/walking activities, offering some new events and working hard to keep in touch with members and newcomers.

General business

  • David away early September to late October
  • 2018 committee members to be considered; Lynda will seek out a walker to join the committee.

The meeting closed at 6:45 pm, thanks to everyone for participating.
Next meeting: 20 November.


Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts