2017 November

WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Management Committee meeting

Wellington Central Library, 5.30 pm, 21 November 2017

Present
Mike Candy (Chair), Wim van Dijk, Judith Dennis, Tony Oakshatt, David McCrone, Lynda Young.
Apologies: none

Correspondence
BNZ, copy of audit report received; Anna Tyler returned a BNZ Eftpos card for cancellation

Minutes of last meeting

Moved: To accept the minutes of the 16 October 2017 meeting as a true and accurate record. Judith/Wim, carried.
Actions from October minutes not elsewhere on the agenda

  • Wim and Lynda will meet ASB people to sort out 2018 meeting room.
  • Wim will get his BNZ signatory sorted.
  • Thanks to the Shoe Clinic, Willis St, for 140 T shirts;
    Lynda has prices for printing and will arrange this having spoken to Sue Hamlett about previous printing;
    up to $600 + gst was authorized for the job; shirts to be ready for 21 January 2018 opening.
  • Clinical Track signage has been installed, Wim will confirm all locations and make a call on pursuing this further.

Finance and membership

  • Financial report and bank statements (15 October to 17 November) had been circulated, thanks David.

Moved: That the payments are approved and account balances are verified (15 October to 17 November 2017), Mike/Judith, carried.

  • A line for promotion/advertising will be added to the budget, $1300.
  • To endorse a vote taken by email on 14 November –
    Moved: That the Committee recommends to the AGM that member subscriptions for 2018 remain at $50, reduced to $35 a year for Gold Card holders, beneficiaries, students and those aged under 19 years old and that any discounts will be the new Committee’s decision.
    David/Lynda, carried.
  • David will compile and file the Charities Services annual return after the AGM.
  • After discussion it was agreed that rather than propose a strategy to manage major donations the President would report to the AGM that WMC members should decide on donations in light of the Clinic’s purposes, its real and projected income and expenditure, and the role of it’s financial reserves.

Admin, website

  • Jillian is editing this month’s newsletter, thank you.
  • Wim will co-ordinate an exercise to sharpen and update the website – plan for next meeting.
  • From the AGM Mike will ask Meghan to set out paper cups at 8am and the morning tea by 9.30am; this is consistent with her job description.

Calendar

  • November 26 will be an Otari run/walk and BBQ; no ASB room that day; Tony and Wim will coordinate the day; Lynda will bring the drinks from ASB.
  • AGM and turkey trot on 3 December; Lynda will coordinate AGM requirements including gifts and catering; Mike will plan the turkey trot routes; Tony and Sue H will do the timing; Wim will arrange the trophies (based on Gillian’s list from Mike); the walkers cup is sorted.
  • It was agreed to confirm awarding the Harry McDonald Cup by email decision; Wim will make a proposal.
  • Papers will be sent on by 30 November, please get to Lynda for proof reading and layout by 28 November – Mike President’s report, David annual accounts and treasurer’s report, Judith pack leaders.
  • Last day for the ASB this year is 17 December; no room bookings will be made until 21 January.
  • 2018 Open Day will be on 21 January, with new T shirts.

Clinic membership, Profile & marketing, Social media

Business plan

  • Waiting to hear from Sean re the Shift programme – currently on hold.

General business

  • 2018 committee members discussed; all current office holders and Judith have agreed to be nominated for the coming year; Tony is not seeking re-election and will seek out a walker to join the Committee.
  • In a review of the goals for 2017 we had set for the year it was agreed that we had been successful in holding a focus event and in surveying current and past members and in finding that most are very satisfied with WMC; “retaining happy members” will be revealed with renewals next year; 10 new members have joined in the year; the Committee has met with pack leaders twice during the year to thank them and to reinforce the importance of being in contact with pack members and encouraging new people.
  • Special thanks to Tony for his extraordinary length of service to WMC, having been at the first Committee meeting in 1979 and most in between. Thank you from everyone for everything.

The meeting closed at 7.15 pm, thanks to everyone for participating.
Next meeting: AGM then 15 January tbc.


Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts