WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Management Committee meeting
5:30pm, Central Library, 21 May 2018
Wim van Dijk, Judith Dennis, David McCrone Lynda Young, Nazir Awan.Apologies Mike Candy, Persephone Georgiakakis.
Wellington Marathon’s discount on WMC members’ entry fees in the Wellington event has been circulated to members.
Minutes of last meeting
Moved: To accept the minutes of the 16 April meeting as a true and accurate record. Judith, David, carried.
Matters arising from the April meeting
- Meghan’s salary has been increased to the minimum adult wage, from 2 April.
- Wim will ring Mayer and Toye for the engraving invoice.
- The Google membership spreadsheet is underway.
- In response to Brian Hayes’ request Lynda will research Newtown Park and Poneke as alternatives to ASB for Sunday meetings and report to the June meeting.
- 2018 goals confirmed:
Keep membership above 100,
Run an open focus event, aiming for August/September
Propose a WMC donations policy to AGM.
The financial report was reviewed and it was agreed that David will transfer funds from the petty cash account as it is not being used; the account will be available when it is needed.
Moved: That the financial report 14 April to 18 May is accepted, the payments are approved and the bank balances are verified. Judith, Nazir, carried.
- The bus for May 27 – Footsteps of the Marines event and for Kapiti runs/walks is booked for a 7.45 am start from ASB; Nazir will check if dogs can go on the bus (give to Wim for email); no ASB on 27 May.
- 2017 trophies are completed.
- Movie night on 16 June is booked and a sign up is on the website.
- WMC dinner 4 August at Oikos; a sign up form will go on the website after 16 June.
- Wim will ask for help with the open focus event, stressing that it can only go ahead with members’ active support.
- May: Wim, Judith and Lynda will provide material by 25 May
- June: Judith.
The AGM asked the Committee to propose a policy on WMC donations. Drawing on the Constitution this outline was proposed, for further discussion in June:
- Donations are decided on by the AGM
- They should go to registered charities which support group running and walking activities in the Wellington area, catering for all ages.
The meeting closed at 6:45pm, with thanks for participation.
Next meeting: 18 June
For June agenda:
Revisit guideline son WMC donations
Canvas members on a later start time on Sunday mornings, request from Brian Hayes.
To action in 2019: 40th anniversary celebration January 2020.