September 2018


Minutes of Management Committee meeting
5:30pm, Central Library, 17 September 2018

Present Mike Candy, Wim van Dijk, Nazir Awan, Lynda Young.
Apologies Persephone Georgiakakis, Judith Dennis.

Correspondence –


Moved: To accept the minutes of the 27 August 2018 meeting as a true and accurate record. Mike/Wim, carried.

Matters arising from the June minutes, not elsewhere on the agenda

  • BNZ signatories have been changed.
  • Wim will take unused cheque books to the BNZ for destruction.
  • Archives – nothing to report.


  • The financial report was reviewed and discussed, thanks Mike.

Moved: That the financial report 20 August to 16 September is accepted, the payments are approved and the bank balances are verified. Lynda/Nazir, carried.
Moved: That the decision to do a monthly account transfer is overturned in favour of one transfer to top up the current account to provide funds until subs income is received. Lynda/Mike, carried.

Calendar; events

Andy McNeill memorial event 28 October  
(Entrants under age 15 must be accompanied by an adult).
Wim detailed the organisation for this event:
Wim project manager, Persephone marketing and prizes, Judith volunteers.
Mike – Track marking, timing clock, table, chairs, rubbish bins, water, cups, hooter, hi-viz vests, first aid.
Lynda – food, local signage 22 October.
Nazir – 2 portaloos.
Mike to ask through newsletter and Sunday meetings – gazebo
Thanks to Wim for such a lot of work and to Persephone and Judith.
Survey results
Mike tabled the survey results and will report them in the September newsletter.
There were 23 replies, 4% of which favoured retaining the status quo for an 8am start, there was no support for a change of venue. Mike will alert Brian to the results.
A BBQ at Otari will be held in February or March.
AGM on 16 December
Wim will give Mike the updated trophies list
Lynda will bring a timeline to the October meeting.
Bus trips
16 September to Colonial Knob/Ohariu Valley was successful; the Remutaka Incline trip will be on 18 November, Nazir will sort out the bus from website enrolments (Wim).

Admin, website

  • Judith will do the September newsletter, thanks.
  • Mike will write about the 40th anniversary for the September newsletter, seeking volunteers to work on a programme; donations guideline.
  • Persephone will check with WCC about their electronic display boards.

Membership Sub-Committee

See 28 October event.

General Business

Persephone is asked to research a committee venue for 7pm, usual 3rd or 4th Monday of the month.

The meeting closed at 6.45 pm, with thanks for participation.
Next meeting: 15 October (usual 22nd is Labour Day)

Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts