What do you do when you are not running?
- You mean I get to stop sometimes? Seriously though, I love road cycling. Indoors … I read books, am a tragic Spurs fan and occasionally play the piano rather badly.
What started you running?
- I was trying to get fit for football one pre-season and found I had as much fun running than kicking the ball.
Who has influenced your running the most?
- Some fantastic people at the Clinic, Gordon Clarke, Mark Growcott, Kelvin Moffatt, Tony Coard
Why do you run long distances, and why with the clinic?
- It’s so nice being outdoors and moving. The clinicians are fun to be with … for a start we enjoy swapping injury stories – some quite gruesome.
What other sports interests do I have?
I watch almost any sports, but my favourites are cycling (Tina is a cycling “widow”), football and cricket. A few friends and I have been working our way through the Great Walks – next year is the Northern Circuit and Milford!
Most memorable track?
Number one is the ridge track from the Brooklyn windmill down to Red Rocks – I recently did that as part of an Xterra event. A bit closer to town I am still blown away by how good the clinical track is.
- The Xterra track runs are absolutely amazing – only downside is they clash with Sunday WMC runs.
Essential Running accessory
GPS watch – you’ve got to know where you’ve been