WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Management Committee meeting
7.00 pm, 19 November 2018
Mike Candy, Wim van Dijk, Nazir Awan, Persephone Georgiakakis, Judith Dennis, Lynda Young.
Apologies no apologies
Athletics NZ, registration of competitors in ANZ events.
Moved: To accept the minutes of the 17 September 2018 meeting as a true and accurate record.Lynda/Wim, carried.
Matters arising from the September minutes not elsewhere on the agenda
- Unused cheque books have been returned to the BNZ for destruction.
- Survey results were reported in the September newsletter.
- WCC display boards have been sorted
- The financial reports were reviewed and discussed, thanks Mike.
Moved: That the financial report 16 September to 14 October 2018 is accepted, the payments are approved and the bank balances are verified. Wim/Nazir, carried.
Moved: That the financial report 15 October to 18 November 2018 is accepted, the payments are approved and the bank balances are verified. Persephone/Nazir, carried.
- Annual accounts are in draft form, thanks to Mike and Tina van Dijk.
- Moved: That the committee recommends to the AGM that 2019 subscriptions remain at $50 (waged) and $35 (unwaged), discounted by $10 if paid by 28 February. Mike/Nazir, carried.
A draft budget, October 2018 to September 2019, was discussed, Mike will edit it and bring to the January meeting.
The 28 October Andy McNeill memorial event was very successful, thanks to all involved especially Wim, Judith and Persephone. Feedback from participants and volunteers was positive, such that future events can be run on the same model.
AGM is on 16 December – turkey trot from 8.15 am, morning tea at 10am, meeting at 10.15 am.
It was agreed to rationalise some of the awards to make them more relevant to current activities; the Harry McDonald Cup was discussed; Lynda will confirm the walkers’ cup recipient.
Mike: Trophies and awards, chair meeting, accounts presentation.
Wim: TT course, projector.
Judith: pack leaders’ reports.
Lynda: morning tea; gifts (New World vouchers $50 and $30; 12 wine); minutes; email the meeting papers on 30 November – agenda, any notices of motion, accounts (Mike to email by 28 Nov please), minutes of 2017 AGM, request committee nominations.
WMC 2019 Sunday 20 January; Persephone will organise a special morning tea for 27 January to mark the beginning of the 40th anniversary year.
A BBQ at Otari will be held in February or March.
- Judith will do the November newsletter, thanks.
- Mike will write about the 40th anniversary year for the November newsletter, seeking volunteers to work on a programme; explain donations guideline; give notice of ASB room booking to 11.00 am from 20 January.
- Lynda will book ASB for Sundays 7.45 am to 11.00 am, starting on 20 January.
- Lynda will book the monthly committee meeting room at ASB for the third Monday, apart from January which will be Tuesday 22 January.
- Lynda will get the archives sorting underway in January so that the material shown at the 30th anniversary can be displayed on 27 January.
It was agreed to rebrand this as an events sub-committee; thanks to Wim, Judith and Persephone for staying on the sub-committee.
Next meeting: Tuesday 22 January, enjoy the holidays !
The meeting closed at 8.40 pm, with thanks for participation.