October 2019

Minutes of Management Committee meeting
Held at George Denton Park
11.00 am, 20 October 2019

Apologies
Lynda Young

Correspondence
Bank statements for year ended 30 September

Minutes
Moved that the minutes of the 23 September meeting are accepted as a true and accurate record.
Moved Judith/Persephone, carried.

Finance

  • The financial report 13 September to 11 October was discussed.
  • Moved: That the financial report for October are accepted and the payments are approved.
    Moved Judith/Nazir, carried.
  • Judith to check bus accounts.
  • Judith to payment for Movie Night.

Calendar; events

  • Persephone will liaise with Mo re planning for AGM at the Indian Centre.
  • Timeline for planning for AGM is in Dropbox. Call for motions goes out 3 November.
  • Lynda will ask Wim to liaise with Hutt Valley Runners to have shared events each year – not sure where this is at.
  • Persephone has been attempting to extend our booking at the ASB in 2020 until 11:30am on Sundays. This has now gone to ASB management. Well done, Persephone!
  • Events sub-committee to take over organising for bus trips, etc but AGM & Turkey Trot to be organised by this committee.

Special events sub-Committee

  • Andy McNeill memorial event today – a great success! Approximately 70 registrations with 64 participating. Rain held off, all marshalls in place on time, a good time had by all. Thanks to Events Committee, especially Wim, Mike & Persephone for a great effort!
  • Remutaka Rail Trail bus (Saturday 9 November) – Persephone will email those who have signed up for the bus to confirm where the bus is picking them up from. Nazir will confirm the bus with the bus company.
  • Skyline Bus trip – Sunday 17 November – bus sign up form to be created (by Stan Wing) and sent out to members initially by email and included in the October newsletter.

Admin, website

  • Persephone is doing the October newsletter which is almost ready. Mike to provide AGM blurb. Also doing the November newsletter which she may need input for.
  • Mike has approached Gordon Clarke regarding Life Membership. He is pretty “chuffed” at being acknowledged for his dedication and commitment to the WMC. Mike will take this to the AGM

General

  • Fem’s sessions are not well attended – Fem/Stan Wing have suggested not worth keeping this up. However, if we can get the meeting room until 11:30am next year we can approach Fem to see if she’d start the sessions again.
  • Mike overseas 29 October-24 November 2019.

The meeting closed at 11.30 am, with thanks for participation.

Next meeting: Monday 25 November, 7 pm, ASB.


Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts