September 2019

Minutes of Management Committee meeting
Held at the ASB Stadium, Kilbirnie
7.00 pm, 23 September 2019

Present
Mike Candy, Judith Dennis (minutes), Persephone Georgiakakis, Nazir Awan

Apologies
Lynda Young

Correspondence
none

Minutes
Moved that the minutes of the 19 August meeting are accepted as a true and accurate record.
Moved Judith/Persephone, carried.

Finance
The financial report 16 August to 13 September to was discussed.
Moved: That the financial report 16 August to 13 September be scrutinised by the committee for approval next month, that the payments are approved and that the bank balances are verified.
Moved Judith/Mike, carried.

  • Judith will send email reminders to non-renewers.
  • Judith to prepare summary of expenditure v income for 40th Dinner and Movie Night.

Calendar; events

  • AGM confirmed for 15 December at the Indian Centre, 10 am to noon; morning tea at 10.30, meeting at 11.
  • Some discussion about the number of bus trips – whether the current level suits our needs.
    • Nazir has booked November Skyline bus trip
    • Nazir has booked a suitable bus (depending on numbers) for Rimutaka Incline event 9 November – only pickup @ ASB
  • Lynda will ask Wim to liaise with Hutt Valley Runners to have shared events each year – not sure where this is at.
  • Persephone has been attempting to extend out booking at the ASB in 2020 until 11:30 in Sundays. She has sent two emails so far, with no response.
  • Judith presented some ideas on running a children’s pack. We’re not convinced there is a demand for this, but are proposing an Open Day in February 2020 with a special Children’s Event, to test the waters.

Special events sub-Committee

  • Times Cinema successfully held on 14 September.
  • Andy McNeill memorial event on 20 October; Persephone will ask members for grocery items; few WMC members have registered, so we need to push this on Sundays; next sub-committee meeting 9 October.

Admin, website

  • Thanks to Persephone for doing the September newsletter.

General

  • Mike gave an overview of the results of the name change survey: of 34 responses, 25 were in favour, 9 against; Mike will present this in the September newsletter.
  • Life membership needs two-thirds majority at AGM. Mike will talk to Gordy about his nomination as Life Member, and all committee members to canvas other members (to avoid ‘surprises’).

The meeting closed at 8.45 pm, with thanks for participation.

Next meeting: Monday 23 September, 7 pm, ASB.


Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts