Minutes for Management Committee
Held at the ASB Centre, Kilbirnie, 7:00pm, 17 February 2020
All members were present and two apologies were recorded.
- Brooklyn Trail Builders (BTB) – first draft received. No costs available at present
- Hutt Valley Runners – their away dates don’t work for us. Keep up the good relationship by meeting in Wellington and Hutt this year
- NZ Post – post office box rental price increase by $10 from 31 March 2020 to $195 a year
- Stan Wing – web hosting. Accept Stan’s proposal to stay with Dreamboat for the WMC site. Two year deal, US$214. Stan to pay, Clinic will reimburse Stan.
- Posters received for Porirua Grand Traverse
- BNZ dongles arrived for Julie Huo and David McCrone.
Minutes of last meeting
- Charities Commission reminder about 2019 report, due 31 March 2020 (financial year end). JD to assist JH to complete form.
- Fem’s Corrective Classes – ASB
- JD to continue to liaise with Fem regarding start date at ASB and potential blurb for newsletter.
- Decision to be made in June if these classes are worthwhile.
- LM, JD moved Minutes of January 2020 meeting were accepted as a true and accurate record.
- David McCrone (DC)
- DC proposal of assisting with secretarial work through read-only access to BNZ accounts has been gratefully accepted.
- One of DC responsibilities will be to check membership spreadsheet for names correctly spelt and correct emails.
- DC assisting the Committee until April.
- Debit card from BNZ – no progress made. WvD to look into this.
Access for JH – Sally Anderson to liaise with JH to set up her access. WvD?
- JH to provide a proposal to WMC Committee for an accounting software package to provide financial information.
- JH proposed the WMC Committee Monthly Report end on the last day of the previous month. WvD accepted.
- WvD moved accepting 1 October 2019 – 13 January 2020 accounts. LM accepted.
- Term deposit maturing at the end of 2020.
- Rapid Saver – aim to keep $5000.00 to cover expenses.
- Proposed budget needs to be agreed to by the entire Committee. Link sent in February agenda or saved in Google drive, monthly meetings, financial report.
Action: confirm February report in March meeting.
- BNZ authorisers status: ?
Refund Stefan $20 and Sean $10 – incorrect payments of membership subs. JD
- Kaitoke Bus Trip – Sunday 23 February 2020
- Bus booked for 30
- Cost of bus $420.00 inc GST
- SB to change date of proposed bus trip on 10 May, as this date is unsuitable.
- SB to work on future bus trips and alternates. Report back to Committee in due course.
- Open Day – Sunday 29 March 2020
- Amazing Race theme – WvD, SB organising
- WvD – put it on Facebook
- JD – advertise in Neighbourly
- Refreshments required – decide who and what at next meeting.
- Membership subs – Incorrect details on website. Have been amended.
- Google Drive
- WvD password changing yearly
- Contact Email Address
- MC will reply to emails received from the contact email address directly from the contact email address. Blind copy other Committee members so they are aware you’ve replied.
- Members continuing to receive emails from the contact email address are: WvD, JD, MC, JH, PG.
- Stan Wing will remove GC, LM, SB from receiving emails from contact email address. WvD to notify Stan.
- Business Sustainability Plan
- Sub-committee: LM, BA, WvD
- WvD will advise when they will meet.
- Susan Clare article, walkers article, President blurb, photos from bus trip. Waiting on article from Audrey Childs. PG to contact Audrey.
- PG aiming to complete newsletter by 24 Feb, Stan to load on website.
Any Other Business
- New Sunday Assistant
- Andreas Georgiakakis
- Fixed term from 1 March – 13 December 2020
- Committee will decide what happens next year – advertise internally and seek applicants
- What happens after 11am:
- Leave stack of cups on the bench
- Take members bag to reception
- Sunday Assistant to join Whats app group and text the Committee when he’s leaving and that bags are at reception.
Sunday 15 March 2020, 11:30am, ASB
Meeting Closed 8:35pm