2016 May

WELLINGTON MARATHON CLINIC
Minutes of Management Committee Meeing
6pm – 7pm, Central Library, 15 May 2016

Present

Mike Candy (Chair), David McCrone, Judith Dennis, Tony Oakshatt, Wim van Dijk.
Apologies Lynda Young

Minutes of last meeting

Moved Wim / Judith: That the minutes of the last meeting on 16 April 21 be accepted as a true and accurate record (carried) – with the correction to the last item: change ‘David will propose a list of goals …to ‘David suggested that committee members compile a list of goals …’.

Correspondence

  • Rachel Clayton from Stuff website intends to write an article on sleep needs before a marathon – referred to Brian Hayes.
  • Request for assistance at the June Marathon event.

Matters arising, not elsewhere on the agenda

    Mike has spoken to Stan about aligning the website email list and the membership list.

Finance and membership

  • Membership up slightly
  • Mike to contact new members
  • Signature situation – all but sorted!

Moved David/Mike: That the payments listed in the financial report be approved (carried).

2016 Calendar events

There is insufficient interest to go ahead with the proposed time trials prior to the June event. However, the suggestion is that members who wanted to take part could enter the Honest 10 event on the same day (June 10). Wim is negotiating with Wellington Harriers for club members to enter for just $5 for this event only.
Thanks to Tony for his work in researching the feasibility of the time trial.

Clinic membership
Profile & marketing
Social media
Business plan
Track donation proposal

  • Wim has taken part in a ‘Meet-up’ event – likes what he sees, and especially impressed with the level of electronic communication. He will continue to make contact and explore ways we can interact further.
  • Wim looked at Neighbourhood website, but suggests it is too ‘local’ in focus for our needs.
  • Wim has 4 pecha kucha speakers lined up for the rest of the year.
  • Mike reported that no progress had yet been made on the track donation proposal.
  • Wim proposed surveying existing members, perhaps using Survey Monkey
  • There was a brief discussion of goals for the rest of the year. All to think on this.

Other business

  • Tony to find a suitable card for members to sign and send to Bernie Portenski.

Comments are closed.

Recent Related Posts