Update from the WMC Management Committee
The Committee has been considering ways to implement the strategic plan approved at last year’s AGM. We’ve listened to your suggestions and are exploring ways to both attract new members and support our existing members.
- We’ve started work on redeveloping the website and will be ready to test the new site soon.
- We’re looking into trialling a stretch class after runs and walks.
- We’re considering formalising our coaching and mentoring for new runners.
- We’re overhauling our cups and trophies to make them more relevant for current members.
- We’re going to start a discussion with club members in September about how we can generate more income while keeping the membership fee fair and affordable.
We’ll also be in touch with you very soon with how to book for these upcoming activities:
- Movies and dinner at the boutique retro Time Cinema, on Saturday 28 August. You may have already received an email for this! But if not, here’s the movie night signup link again: https://wmc.org.nz/2021/notice-board/wmc-cinema-night-28-aug-2021 Do attend, it’s fantastic fun, though due to dinner-based logistics we shall require you to RSVP, and you can do so at that link.
- Bus trip to Pakuratahi Forest, Tunnel Gully, Rimutaka Rail Trail, or Mt Climie in September.
Nga mihi nui
21k in 21 Words
When this year’s Wellington marathon was postponed to October, Susan Clare’s son Louis instead did his first virtual 21k. He’s contributed a neat poem:
The heat was getting to me.
The air around me was getting heavy.
Sweat slithered down my face like angry snakes.